Although the accurate releasing date of the highlighted pesticide policy, namely Regulations on Pesticide Management (Regulation), is still not revealed by the Chinese government, Sui Pengfei, an official from the Institute for the Control of Agrochemicals, Ministry of Agriculture (ICAMA), disclosed during the 5th China High-Level Forum on Pesticides held on 25-26 Sept., 2012 that it will be finally carried out before Dec. 2012, according to CCM’s October issue of Crop Protection China News.
Different from the information disclosed by Mrs. Wu Zhifeng, Deputy Director of the Institute for the Control of Agrochemicals, Ministry of Agriculture (ICAMA), during the 3th Environmentally Friendly Pesticide Formulation Processing Technology and Production Equipment Exchange Meeting held on 24-25 April, 2012, Mr. Sui revealed six new modifications in the new Regulation compared with the former one.
1. The new Regulation encourages the innovation of pesticide enterprises, aiming to break the obstacles that restrict the development of pesticide production industry. It allows every enterprise to own the qualification to apply for registration of new pesticide, but not just those designated production enterprises.
2. It plans to draw lessons from the mode of Growth Enterprise Market in domestic stock market to stimulate the transaction of pesticide registration license. Before putting into production, the pesticide registration license can be transferred like stock until it is owned by a pesticide production enterprise.
3. Aiming to solve the problem of overcapacity and promote resource sharing, the new Regulation plans to comprehensively let go of the delegation processing of pesticides.
4. It allows pesticide enterprises which got registration license to transact registration materials to other pesticide enterprises in a bid to speed up the pace of those unqualified pesticide enterprises to voluntarily withdraw from domestic market.
5. Setting up license system of pesticide business, pesticide flow traceability system and pesticide recall system while cutting down the number of 350,000 pesticide stores in
6. Greater punishment is made in the new Regulation. Once production license is revoked, the supervisors and the directly responsible personnel of the company can not be engaged in pesticide production within ten years and the government will not accept new pesticide registration application from the involved enterprises within five years.
Actually, another large modification of the new Regulation, namely cancelling the temporary registration of pesticides, which has ever been revealed by Mrs. Wu was not mentioned by Mr. Sui in the six modifications. Even so it doesn't mean that this regulation will not be written into the new Regulation. But on the contrary, it is believed that it has already been written into the new Regulation because of the great ambition that the Ministry of Agriculture of
had to do
It is still too early to predict the impact that the new Regulation will bring along after its implementation, however, it is easy to observe from the information released from the official that the new Regulation has strictly stuck to the general direction of the integration and regulation of domestic pesticide industry in the policy carried out in 2010, namely Pesticide Industry Policy.
Source: Crop Protection
News 1219 China
Content of Crop Protection China News 1219：
New Regulations on Pesticide Management to be released before Dec. 2012
Main pesticides' price trend in
, Jan.-Oct. 2012 China
Lier Chemical gains government grants
Jiangsu Changqing plans a 1,260t/a formulation construction now
Natural gas business leads deficit of Shandong Shengli in Q1-Q3 2012
Domestic azoxystrobin technical registration soars in 2012
Crop Protection China News, a monthly publication issued by CCM on 15th&31th of every month, offers timely update and close follow-up of
Crop Protection industry dynamics,
analyzes market data and finds out factors influencing market development China
CCM is dedicated to market research in
Asia-Pacific Rim and global market. With a staff of more than 150 dedicated
highly-educated professionals. CCM offers Market Data, Analysis, Reports,
Newsletters, Buyer-Trader Information, Import/Export Analysis all through its
new proprietary product ValoTracer. China
Please visit http://www.cnchemicals.com for more information
Guangzhou CCM Information Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
17th Floor, Huihua Commercial & Trade Mansion, No.80 Xianlie Zhong Road, Guangzhou 510070, China